Organic Sprouted French Lentil Beans
Sprouted French green lentils are prized for their peppery flavor, and their firmness, even after cooking. Can be eaten as a snack, tossed on a salad or soup for a boost of protein.
- Sprouting neutralizes phytic acid, which if present will not allow as much calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc to be absorbed during digestion
- It also increases the amount of B vitamins and carotene
- Vitamin C is created in the process of sprouting
- Complex sugars responsible for intestinal gas are broken down
- Sprouting also inactivates aflatoxins, which are potent carcinogens found in grains
During sprouting additional enzymes are produced during the germination process that help digestion